Members: Expanded to six members
. Two new members nominated each year. Chair of the Heineman Prize Committee is ex-officio.
Term: Three years, Jan. - Dec.
Chair: One of the two senior members of the Committee, selected by the Council.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the Henry Norris RUSSELL Lectureship. Awardees are chosen for a lifetime of eminence in astronomical research. Expanded to proposing new Honorary members for Council approval
"Noting that the Warner/Pierce Prizes are for junior astronomers, that the Heineman Prize has been established as a mid-career award, and that the RUSSELL Lectureship traditionally has been for senior astronomers, the Council requests the Warner/Pierce Prize Committee, the Heineman Prize Committee, and the RUSSELL Lectureship Committee to take full note of this distinction in making each annual choice."
- Roberta M. Humphreys, Chair (Jun 2011 - Dec 2013)
University of Minnesota
116 Church St SE
School of Physics & Astronomy
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0149 United States
- Andrea K. Dupree (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Antonella Nota (Jun 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Gregory A. Shields (Jan 2011 - Dec 2013)
- Paul A. Vanden Bout (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)
- P. Frank Winkler (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)