Members: Expanded to six members. Two new members nominated each year. Chair of the Heineman Prize Committee is ex-officio.
Term: Three years, Jan. - Dec.
Chair: One of the two senior members of the Committee, selected by the Council.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the Henry Norris Russell Lectureship. Awardees are chosen for a lifetime of eminence in astronomical research. Expanded to proposing new Honorary members for Council approval.
"Noting that the Warner/Pierce Prizes are for junior astronomers, that the Heineman Prize has been established as a mid-career award, and that the Russell Lectureship traditionally has been for senior astronomers, the Council requests the Warner/Pierce Prize Committee, the Heineman Prize Committee, and the Russell Lectureship Committee to take full note of this distinction in making each annual choice."
- Antonella Nota, Chair (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)
3700 San Martin Dr
Baltimore, MD 21218-2410 United States
Fax: (410) 338-4767
- Julianne Dalcanton (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)
- Andrea K. Dupree (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Marc H. Pinsonneault (Jan 2014 - Dec 2016)
- Silvia Torres-Peimbert (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)
- Beth Willman (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)