History: After being discussed for a number of months, the AAS Education Prize was established by the AAS Council in the autumn of 2000.
Members: The Education Prize Committee shall be composed of six members, including a Chair.
Term: The terms shall be staggered, of three years duration, and running from January to January Council meetings.
Chair: Appointed by Council. Serves a one year term from one January Council meeting to the following January, Council meeting.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the AAS Education Prize.
"The AAS Education Prize is to recognize outstanding contributions to the education of the public, of students and/or of the next generation of professional astronomers."
- Andrew Fraknoi, Chair (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)
12345 S El Monte Rd
Dept. of Astronomy
Los Altos, CA 94022-4597 United States
Fax: (650) 949-7375
- David Held Cohen (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Keely D. Finkelstein (Jan 2014 - Jan 2017)
- Charles Liu (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)
- Beverly Smith (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)