The NASA Scientists in Education Working Group (SCIWG) is offering a FREE half-day workshop just before the AAS meeting in Washington DC. This workshop is for you if you have proposed (or would like to propose) for a small NASA education & public outreach (E/PO) award such as an IDEAS grant or an E/PO supplement to a scientific research award such as ROSS, HST, Chandra, or Spitzer.
Each participant will receive an updated CD of Resources for Scientists in Education, an updated CD of Abstracts for small NASA E/PO awards, and other relevant resources.
WHEN: 8:30 am -12:00 pm [Continental Breakfast and Sign-In from 8:30 - 9:00]
Sunday, 8 January 2006 (just before AAS)
Workshop Goals are to provide the participants with:
1. insight into the review process and advice about how to prepare a winning proposal;
2. tips from NASA small grant award winners about making the most of an E/PO project with limited resources;
3. an update on the state of the NASA small grants program for E/PO;
4. an opportunity to raise questions and ideas that would improve the program of small grant opportunities; and
5. a networking opportunity for the expanding national community of astronomers engaged in (E/PO) projects supported by NASA small grants.
Workshop co-facilitators and presenters will include:
· Dr. Cherilynn Morrow, Space Science Institute, NASA Broker/Facilitator
· Dr. Larry Cooper, NASA Headquarters
· Other Brokers, professional astronomers, and education professionals who will share their experience associated with small E/PO grants (TBD).
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER BY 3 JAN 2006 with Ms. Amy Wilkerson by sending your name, affiliation, phone number, and email address to email@example.com.