Meetings Tag Definition: Relates to the overall Meetings program and everything produced by the Meetings Department. Additional meeting specific tags (e.g. aas222) are used to categorize items for individual meetings.
- Items produced by other departments for a specific meeting do not contain the general Meetings tag. They are categoriezed within their subject area (e.g. Press, Policy, Public Outreach) plus they contain the specific meeting tag (e.g. aas222).
- Members may subscribe to the main Meetings category to receive notifications for ALL meetings OR they may subscribe to individual meetings using the specific meeting number tags.
We’re launching our first mobile app just in time for the 224th AAS meeting in Boston. It puts the entire conference program in your pocket and ensures that it’s always up to date. Get the app for your smartphone or tablet today!
- Any AAS member may submit an abstract. You can verify your membership status in the Public Directory or Members-Only Directory, members.aas.org.
- Education Affiliates may submit education related abstracts as a member.
- Suspended/Inactive members must reinstate their membership.
- Presenters must be listed as the first author on the paper.
The AAS and DPS assists with dependent care grants to cover some of the costs and offer a forum for sharing child care or organizing family activities.
Going to conferences and giving talks and posters as a new student, especially for your first time, can seem like an overwhelming experience. We've included some links here with valuable information for first-time conference attendees, as well as information on how to prepare and give a good talk or poster. Much of the advice can be useful for people at all levels of their career as well.
While you're visiting Tucson for the meeting, and especially if you have an extra day or two before or after, make sure to take advantage of the many attractions in town and throughout southern Arizona. Two good general sources of information are:
Registration fees and instructions.
The Westin Michigan Avenue
909 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
AAS Executive Officer Kevin Marvel looks forward to the IAU General Assembly, 3-14 August 2015, in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii.
The AAS is opening its meeting to amateur astronomers and other interested members of the public, who may take advantage of a special one-day registration rate of $50 on Tuesday, 3 June.
We are grateful to the following Boston businesses who have donated gift certificates and discounts for our meeting participants. Make sure you visit their businesses while at the 224th AAS Meeting!
Raffle drawings will occur during the Opening Reception on Sunday, 1 June 2014.
SPD/HAD Joint Session
History of Solar Physics
Tuesday, 3 June 2014: 10:00 am-11:30 am
Chair(s): Jay Pasachoff (Williams College)
Education and History
Wednesday, 4 June 2014: 10:00 am-11:30 am
Education and History Posters
Wednesday, 4 June 2014: 9:00 am-6:30 pm
The AAS offers complimentary meeting registration to bona fide working journalists and public-information officers.
Amateur Astrophotography Poster Exhibit
Speaker Ready Room
Local Organizing Committee Chair
Joe Spitale, Planetary Science Institute
Vishnu Reddy (Press Officer)
Paul Withers (DPS Committee Liaison)
Please consider the following deadlines when proposing a workshop for the 46th DPS Meeting in Tucson, Arizona.