The AAS seeks session proposals for the 223rd AAS meeting in Washington, DC, 5-9 January 2014. We welcome proposals on both broad and narrow topics that will appeal to large and small groups.
Meetings Tag Definition: Relates to the overall Meetings program and everything produced by the Meetings Department. Additional meeting specific tags (e.g. aas222) are used to categorize items for individual meetings.
- Items produced by other departments for a specific meeting do not contain the general Meetings tag. They are categoriezed within their subject area (e.g. Press, Policy, Public Outreach) plus they contain the specific meeting tag (e.g. aas222).
- Members may subscribe to the main Meetings category to receive notifications for ALL meetings OR they may subscribe to individual meetings using the specific meeting number tags.
The abstract deadline for the Long Beach meeting is today at 9:00pm ET. You may have notice some slowness today because of the amount of traffic to the AAS website but it should be more responsive now. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Grab your coffee mug and make your travel plans for the 225th AAS meeting, when the Society returns to the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, 4-8 January 2015.
Meeting: 225th AAS Meeting, Seattle, WA
Registration Count: 872 (19 September 2014 12:18 PM EDT)
The AAS assists with onsite child care, grants to cover some of the costs and offer a forum for sharing child care or organizing family activities.
- Welcome reception
- Sunday, 26 April 2015
- Conference Banquet
- Agency Reports
- SPD Business Meeting
- Bart DePontieu - Sun
- Tim Fuller-Rowell - Ionosphere-Thermosphere-Mesosphere
- Justin Kasper - Heliosphere
- Janet Kozyra - Magnetosphere
- Space Weather
- Plasma-Neutral Coupling
- Magnetic Reconnection
Discipline Specific Sessions
- Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG)
Organizer: Kirin Jain
Registration fees and instructions.
Meeting: DPS 46th Annual Meeting - Tucson, AZ
Registration Count: 470 (19 September 2014 12:18 PM EDT)
Hundreds of snapshots from the June 2014 AAS meeting in Boston have been posted in our online gallery at photos.aas.org.
The AAS Warns about Housing Pirates
A housing pirate is an unauthorized housing provider that often claims a vague affiliation with a conference and offers reduced rates to attendees. The AAS Executive Office is the official housing bureau for the 225th AAS Meeting in Seattle, WA and only they can guarantee room reservations and rates.